Sunday 10 July 2011

Outhouses

At the back of our Church, there are two Toilet Buildings.
We call them Outhouses here in Australia & I think they are very cute.....

Ladie's Toilet
The old Ladies Toilet has been converted into a shower & will eventually be the Potting Shed for my Kitchen Garden..... we'll get rid of the shower & put a sink in there so I can wash the vegetables from my garden.

Ladie's Toilet
Just so you know this is a toilet for Girls... she's in a dress.
I Love this little character, she's so cute !

Men's Toilet
The Men's Toilet has remained a toilet 
& although it's old, it's very functional.

He's definitely a Boy !
The Men's Toilet little character might be wearing overalls do you think?

Behind The Church
The Outhouses are directly behind the Church Building.

Rear of the Church showing Toilets
A sheet of corrugated iron has been put up to enclose the space between the Toilets & we use this area to store our BBQ. 
Space between toilets
A temporary clothes line has been installed so I can hang out some washing, this has come in very handy!

A few pots of easy to care for cactus that are happily hanging out behind the toilet.

My Herb Garden
I made this garden so that I could get a few herbs growing. 
So far I only have Comfrey & Garlic Chives in the garden because I'm not there often enough to look after & water it, although I've mulched well with Sugar Cane Mulch.
The edge is made of a tree trunk that was brought to us as firewood but I loved it too much to burn it... very rustic isn't it?


Bay Tree
I also have a Bay Tree in a pot.... it's powering along & I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment